Facilities that the Group are actively using
- Ricardo Hydra Mk IV light duty single cylinder SI research engine, Model P8828 with 4 valves and twin overhead camshafts.
- Yanmar L70EE single-cylinder naturally aspirated direct injection (DI) air-cooled diesel engine, 5.8 hp rating.
- General Motors ZDTH 1.9L Turbodiesel engine
- Volvo MD11 Heavy Duty 11 liter engine, converted to operate on a single cylinder
- Waukesha CFR Octane Rating Engine, with optional fuel injector and vaporizer to operate the CFR engine as a rapid compression machine for autoignition studies.
- Ford 1.6L I4 turbocharged direct injection Ecoboost engine
- Ford 6.7L Powerstroke Turbodiesel engine
Engine Test Cells
- Steady state DC dyno test cell, 200 hp capacity
- AVL single cylinder heavy-duty engine test cell, with supercharger system for boost air, temperature control system for coolant and lubricant, 180 kW capacity AC dynamometer
- AVL medium duty test cell, 350 kW capacity AC dynamometer
- AVL light duty test cell, 180 kW capacity AC dynamometer
- Horiba MEXA-One emissions bench.
- Sierra Instruments BG-3 Particulate Sampler
- TSI Scanning Mobility Particulate Sizer
- Sartorius M3P Precision Microbalance in an environmental test chamber (for weighing particulate filters)
- Horiba MEXA-7100 emissions bench
- AVL i60 SESAM emissions benches
- Thermo Scientific Trace 1300 Gas Chromatograph with FID and ISQ Mass Spectrometer
- California Analytical Gas Analyzers for CO, CO2, THC and NOx emissions
- TA Instruments Q600 TGA/DSC Thermogravimetric Analyzer
- Fixed bed flow reactor for catalyst conversion and selectivity studies